– Return excess hazardous products, spills, or drips to the original container.
– Pesticides, herbicides, oil paints, paint cleaners, and oil and transmission fluids should never be flushed into a water system, disposed of on the ground, or put into household refuse.
– Visit www.earth911.org to help find locations to recycle hazardous waste, batteries, etc. You can search by zip code.
– Take rechargeable batteries to the following businesses to recycle them: Best Buy, Home Depot, Sears, Target, Staples, or Wal-Mart.
– Incandescent light bulbs are not recyclable and end up in landfills. Please use fluorescent bulbs because they are the only ones that are recyclable.
– Visit www.lamprecycle.org for more information on recycling light bulbs.