The New York Times described Scottsdale as a “desert version of Miami’s South Beach.” Intrigued? Take a little time to visit the “West’s Most Western Town” and see what it is all about. Whether you are looking for some family fun or for a night out on the town, check out our list of things to do in Scottsdale, AZ.
Things to do in Scottsdale, AZ with Kids
- Visit the largest butterfly pavilion in America at Butterfly Wonderland, an incredible experience for the whole family. Take a break from the desert sun and enjoy the indoor rainforest environment, filled with thousands of delightful butterflies.
- The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park is sure to delight children and adults of all ages. Take a ride on one of the Paradise and Pacific Railroad trains or on the beautifully restored Scottsdale Charro Carousel, originally built in 1950.
- Learn about the amazing native wildlife in the Scottsdale area at the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center. Tours of this amazing animal sanctuary are by appointment only, so be sure to check out the website for available dates and to register.
- If you are in the mood for a few laughs, check out the Stand-up, Scottsdale! Comedy Club. This locally owned, full-service comedy club is sure to tickle your funny bone.
- If you will be in Scottsdale on a Thursday between 7 pm and 9 pm, be sure to take a stroll down the Scottsdale ArtWalk. During that time each week, the art galleries of the Scottsdale Gallery Association (SGA) open their doors to the public for a unique artistic experience.
- For a classic dinner and movie date night, visit the Studio Movie Grill. Order dinner from the American Grill Menu and enjoy it while watching a first-run movie in one of SMG’s spacious and comfortable theaters.
- The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art offers a great way to add a little culture to your weekend. Whether you decide to explore the exhibitions on your own or take a guided tour, you will be fascinated by the amazing displays of contemporary and modern art.
- Named “one of America’s best courses” by Golfweek Magazine, TPC Scottsdale offers two championship golf courses and is a dream destination for the weekend golfer.
- For another way to enjoy Scottsdale’s unique atmosphere and scenery, consider Scottsdale Segway Tours. With six different tour options, you are sure to find one that will give you just the taste of Scottsdale that you are looking for.
These are just a few of the things to do in Scottsdale, AZ. Get the most out of your stay by taking in some of these unique experiences.
Interested in a move to Scottsdale? Check out these properties available in the Scottsdale area.